I tend to log most of the stuff that I read, play, and watch. So heres this years list!
Although not everything in this list came out this year, there has still been a lot of great content created this year. Some that I'd like to highlight are:
* [TV Series] **Chernobyl** An absolute fantastic mini series which gives us a glimpse into what happened in the Chernobyl disaster.
* [TV Series/Book Series] **The Last Kingdom** I love both the books and the TV series so I'm happy to see both get new content this year.
* [Video Game] **World of Warcraft Classic** I'm having a lot of fun with Kat replaying one of my favourite games.
* [TV Series] **The Morning Show** Despite its early criticism I really enjoyed this series.
* [TV Series] **Gentleman Jack** Another small series from HBO/BBC.
* [TV Series] **Stranger Things** This latest season has been on par with the first which was excellent.
* [FIlm] **Knives Out** This may stand out as it came out pretty recently, but I really enjoyed in non the less.
* [TV Series] **Derry Girls** An excellent comedy that continues to make me laugh.
See the full list of content in the full below. Here's to a great 2020!
* The Humans by Matt Haig
* Morning Star (Red Rising 3) by Pierce Brown
* The Wall by John Lanchester
* The Last Kingdom (Saxon Stories 1) by Bernard Cornwell
* Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera 1) by Jim Butcher
* The Pale Horseman (Saxon Stories 2) by Bernard Cornwell
* Academ's Fury (Codex Alera 2) by Jim Butcher
* Iron Gold by Pierce Brown
* Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
* Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows 2) by Leigh Bardugo
# Audio Books
* Lethal White (Cormoran Strike 4) by Robert Galbraith
* Circe by Madeline Miller
* Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
* Mythos by Stephen Fry
* The Calculating Stars (Lady Astronaut 1) by Mary Robinette Kowal
* The Fated Sky (Lady Astronaut 2) by Mary Robinette Kowal
* Heroes by Stephen Fry
* Lords of the North (Saxon Stories 3) by Bernard Cornwell
* Sword Song (Saxon Stories 4) by Bernard Cornwell
* Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan
* Practical Vim
* SwiftUI by Tutorials
* Fujifilm x-t30 user manual
* SwiftUI by Example
* Web Development with ReasonML
* Small, Sharp Software Tools
* The Little Ecto Cookbook
* Programming Crystal
* Seven Databases in Seven Weeks
* Vikings (Latest Season / Unfinished)
* The Marvelous Ms. Maisel (Latest Season / Unfinished)
* This is Us (Latest Season / Unfinished)
* The Crown (Latest Season / Unfinished)
* See (Unfinished)
* 30 Rock (Rewatch)
* Stumptown (Unfinished)
* His Dark Materials (Unfinished)
* The Good Place (Latest Season / Unfinished)
* Mr. Robot (Latest Season / Unfinished)
* It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (Latest Season / Unfinished)
* Mindhunter (Latest Season)
* Watchmen (Dropped)
* 13 Reasons Why (Latest Season / Unfinished)
* Atlanta (Latest Season)
* Castle Rock (Dropped)
* Parks and Recreation (Rewatch)
* The Rain
* The Morning Show
* The Apprentice
* Jack Ryan (Latest Season)
* Dickinson (Unfinished)
* The War of the Worlds
* Modern Love
* Carnival Row
* Silicon Valley (S1-S5)
* The Rain
* The Boys
* Gentleman Jack
* The Spanish Princess
* Peaky Blinders
* The Handmaid's Tale (Latest Season)
* Killing Eve
* Stanger Things (Latest Season)
* Dead to Me
* The Tudors
* Big Little Lies (Latest Season)
* The Planets
* Good Omens
* Frasier (Rewatch)
* True Detective (Latest Season)
* Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Latest Season)
* Game of Thrones (Latest Season)
* Crazy Ex Girlfriend (Latest Season)
* OA (Latest Season)
* Line of Duty (Latest Season)
* Derry Girls
* Victoria (Latest Season)
* Deutschland 83 (Latest Season)
* Death in Paradise (Latest Season)
* The Umbrella Academy
* The Last Kingdom (Latest Season)
* A Series of Unfortunate Events (Latest Season)
* Dr. Stone
* My Hero Academia (Latest Season)
* Demon Slayer
* One Punch Man (Latest Season)
* Tokyo Ghoul (S2)
* Love, Death & Robots
* Mob Psycho 100
* Violet Evergarden
* Sword Art Online (Latest Season)
* Knives Out
* Apocolypse Now
* Lion King Remake
* Aladin Remake
* Bohemian Rhapsody
* Avengers End Game
* IT (Chapter One)
* Pokémon Detective Pikachu
* The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
# Video games
* World of Warcraft Classic - PC
* Zelda: Links Awakening - Switch
* Celeste - Switch
* Grindstone - Apple Arcade
* The Witcher 3 - PC
* Gwent - PC
* Mario Kart - Switch
* Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Switch
* Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Switch
* Arctic Scavengers
* Binding of Isaac
* Between Two Castles of Mad King Ludwig
* One Deck Dungeon
* Call to Adventure
* Welcome to the Dungeon
* Schotten Totten
* Lords of Waterdeep
* The Mind
* Battle for Rokugan
* Cosmic Encounter
* Roll Player
We went to Somerset over the bank holiday for Kate's birthday. We stayed in an absolutely _massive_ house, went to a bunch of places and did a bunch of things (descriptive, I know).
I had my first experience kayaking which was pretty fun - and no one fell in!
The weather couldn't have been any better. In spite of this we still managed to play a bunch of board games and video games (phew).
On the way back myself and Kat headed to Chedworth Roman Villa. A lovely National Trust place in Gloucester. They have a great audio tour guide which I highly recommend picking up to learn about the history of the place.
We went camping in Gower, near Swansea a few weeks ago and boy was the wind _rough_. More annoyingly, the wind mostly seemed to pick up as we were going to sleep! _flap flap flap_ is pretty much all we heard.
Apart from the lack of sleep, we had a lot of fun with Kat's family. We went to a few National Trust places, including a long walk to Worm's Head, and a visit to Dinefwr. We also went to Swansea's Planetarium and had a quick tour of The Mumbles.
Myself and Kat stayed in Llanberis earlier this week with the smart idea of walking up Snowdon.
![The long hike to Snowdon](https://cdn.fullstackstanley.com/file/mitch-web/snowdon.jpg)
For those unfamiliar, Snowdon is the tallest mountain in Wales, and has several different paths that vary in difficulty and time. We took the easiest path, known as The Llanberis Path and I have to say, it was _exhausting_.
We made several stops, including at the halfway house, and even made some Canadian friends who were visiting for the Cricket World Cup.
The day was sunny with a few clouds and a nice cool breeze. There were some absolutely spectacular views on the way up, but unfortunately, towards the last 30 minutes or so we were mostly in the clouds. By the time we reached the top there wasn't much to see besides a long queue of people waiting to stand on the very tallest point of the mountain.
On the way down I became really ill. I attribute this to Acute Mountain Sickness. This probably isn't supposed to happen unless you're on much bigger peaks, but I'm using it as my excuse anyway. It felt like having an awful hangover. Fortunately, this went away as we neared the bottom.
Other highlights of the holiday include going to Plas Newydd, a National Trust house in Angelsey where we had a random session of Tai Chi - and spotted a red squirrel! We also went back to Bodnant Garden which is a long time favourite National Trust place of ours.
![Red Squirrel at Plas Newydd](
That's all for now.